Monday, May 25, 2009

Temple Square!

Thursday May 7, 2009
It was such a nice day and I really wanted to get out of the house so Courtney and I went to temple square. We really had a lot of fun. The pictures are pretty blurry but hey better than none. We first went to the Joseph Smith Building to check out the times for the Joseph Smith Movie, took some pics there, then we walked around temple square, then went to the conference center where I ended up seeing one of my really good friends from LDSBC that I havent seen in forever, we took a tour around the conference center and ened up missing the movie at the time we planned so we walked to the gateway mall for seriouly only like a half hour and then ran back to the JSB to see the last showing of the JS Movie which was awesome as usual and I cried this time. We had a loot of fun









Peek-a-boo!
The flowers were soooo pretty

This is on top of the conference center. The last time I went with my friend Scott a couple months ago they were just barely starting to get flowers but this time there were a lot. It was so pretty
It was seriouly such a gorgeous day. Pictures don't do justice

In the Conference building where conference is held. It holds 20,000 people... huge
The pipes are covered and they moved the organ because they were working on a festival that would be going on soon in behalf of the two temples just deticated, Draper Temple and I can't remember the other. In the pic you can see the control panel... pretty much everything is controled there. There are a lot of buttons I'd hate to be the one sitting there taking care of everything lol


I absolutely love Native Americans so I had to take a picture of this. The artist carved it out of stone and that's it, he did not use any paint or anything at all it's just carved stone. I thought it was beautiful. The art inside the Conference center is AMAZING I want to go back

Courtney and I were going to run through the water but they had it closed for maintenance... I was sad
We rushed over to Gateway and only spent like 10 minutes there so we would make it for the JS movie, so this is pretty much all we did was take pictures with the manikins. It was actually really fun though because the manikins were making ridiculous poses trying to be sexy or suductive so we made fun of them
What is the manikin doing?? She must simply be straining to pick up something... that's it. Courtney is trying to figure out what she's doing ha

I love the manikin on the right... haha


That manikin is simply trying to give someone a high five... She takes them very seriously as you can tell from her reaching back so far, Courtney thought she'd help her out.
I'm reaching for something too, just like the that one manikin!!
Our ride on the trax! So it was really funny. While we were waiting for the trax we starting talking to this guy and when we got on the trax we started also talking to him and another guy. When Courtney sat down there was an advertisment that kept sticking to her foot so she kept kept kicking it off. The guy we talked to while waiting for the trax asked the other guy what he did for his company, Qwest, and he looked down and said I advertise for them like that apparently very badly done advertisment on the ground. We look down and realize he was talking about the one Courtney was kicking off her foot hahaha. I picked it up and was like hmm lets see, and told him "not bad" and then not knowing what to do I just nicely and awkwardly set it back on the ground and then Courtney and I got off our stop. We laughed and laughed, it was hilarious

And our last stop for the night was Wendy's... mmmm what a great night

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Sounds like you and Courtney had a bim filled and busy day. I enjoyed the pictures.