Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Adam's Canyon!

Saturday May 16, 2009
Courtney and I went hiking to Adam's Canyon. It was way fun and so pretty!
Ready set... go!




Woo for hiking!!!
Tree hugger!

I climbed up there and wanted to walk across the tree but it was sooo slick I didn't go much further than I did in this picture because I didn't want to fall ten feet down a hill on sharp rocks ha
This is what our sandwiches looked like by the time we got to the waterfall... they were soo smooshed because I put my water bottles in the same pocket with them... smart me!
Sick!
Mmmmm yummy! They actually didn't taste any worse just looked horrible..
Mountain girl!
E.T. ... phone... home...
We wanted to go under the waterfall but it was freezing!
We got close enough that it got the back of us drenched! We were pretty cold after ha
I climbed up the mountain and wanted to keep going above the waterfall but the rocks weren't very sturdy so I didn't want to take the chance of falling to my death. I wish I had harness so I could keep climbing and know that I wouldn't die lol
Close up
It was so pretty, you could see the whole valley from up there. After getting to the waterfall, Courtney and I climbed up higher so we could see this. I climbed up a small cliff and Courtney stayed down and later decided to try and come up too and ended up totally biffing it and scrapping up her legs pretty bad, poor thing. She was really clutsy though, especially by the end she kept falling and almost wacked her head on a stump and some sharp rocks... oh man I'm just glad she didn't kill herself. She came back from the hike with a whole bunch of scrapes and I only had one measley little scrape that barely bled and I climbed up cliffs and stuff more than her lol
You can't tell in the picture but that was really steep and let me tell you what happened... well Courtney fell right before that and sprang her ankle pretty bad and so I ended up needing to give her a piggy back ride. I was struggling with keeping my balance and finally fell too. We both tumbled down the steep hill until we landed at the bottom where the water was... Sooo obviously we got home a little late. Turns out the fall pretty much knocked us out so we were taken to the hospital and to our parents surprise we came home not only late but me in a body cast somehow finding the strength to maneuver enough to push Courtney in her wheelchair who is in a full body cast... little did my parents know all that we had gone through!
Obviously that didn't happen but for some reason Courtney and I stopped at that very steep hill and made up the story ha
It looks like a snake!
I wish I could show you truly how many dandelions there were. It was unbelievable how many there were! Talk about a weed fest. My first thought was how my old pet Iguana, Iggie, would be in heaven if she was there. She looooved dandelions
We hiked way up there in that middle mountain!
All most done!
Our shoes used to be black... who would have known??

We made it!
Crazy huh? That's dirt! Looks like a brown and white stripped sock haha. We were just a little dirty by the end... but it was so fun. I love hiking!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

You had quite an adventure, I enjoyed the pictures. The area was pretty..I've never been there.