Sunday, October 12, 2008

Conference Weekend

Last weekend I went home to see my family. We watched Conference which was fabulous, spent some time together, and my mom, little brother, and little sister (Courtney) went to the only Sephora in Utah which is in Ogden. It's only like fifteen minutes away from where my family lives and it took us an hour and a half to get there! I wasn't sure where it was so we drove around for a looong time trying to find it. Finally we got good directions and found it. The only reason I wanted to go there is because I have gift certificates but they hadn't set it up for gift cards yet so I couldn't even use them... what a waste of driving around lol. I still got my make-up though and I guess you can say it was an adventure haha. My mom and I went to Olive Garden with my Grandma Matthews, aunt Brenda, aunt Becky, and one of my aunt-in-laws (however you say that... I don't know ha). That was way fun! I loved being with them and I loved my soup and salad! (that's all I ever get there. It's so yummy =) ) That night my Grandma Twede came over for dinner. It was fun eating with the family. Grammy brought pumpkin pie... yummmm!! It also rained a lot last weekend! These are some pictures we took later that night when the storm was gone. It was pretty chili!


Lyndsey took these pictures with her phone. Isn't it gorgeous?!


There was snow on the mountain tops. Very pretty!

Believe it or not, all that water is from the rain. This is the park behind my parent's backyard. There were some ducks and a whole bunch of seaguls enjying the temparary pond. There were also kids out earlier swimming in it. I don't know how because it was freezing! A few weeks ago it rained, but not quite as much, and filled it up quite a bit; there were kids swimming, out with rafts, and some boys skimming. It was pretty funny. It's crazy to think that all that water is from rain!


Courtney and I


Courtney, Lyndsey, and Caiden (he did not want to take any pictures haha but he loved being out in the water)


Silly faces!


Lyndsey, Caiden and I ( we couldn't get Caiden to look at the camera long enough. He really did not like any pictures being taken of him that night lol) Lyndsey, Caiden, and I ended up walking all the way accross the water and it went a couple inches past my knees. That's pretty deep considering it's from rain and it was probably about a foot deeper earlier that day.... Craziness!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

That is quite a puddle. We used to get big ones in the parking lot at the school across the street. and the kids enjoyed playing in it.

Brooke said...

That's a TON of water!!! I'm so glad that you post these pics because otherwise I'd never know what was going on there. We can't wait to see you eyther! We might be there for a week or more!!!

The Brann's said...

WOW....I can't believe they don't have a better drain system at the park. Looks like lots of fun though. My boys would have loved playing in it!!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

Wow! I can't believe that! When mom said they had water front property I didn't expect that! That crazy! The pics of you guys are cute. I wish we were there!