Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cute lil duckies

So there's these ducks that hang out at my apartment complex. I went to feed them one day expecting them to run away but instead they walked towards me! They're not shy at all and I'm sure that's because they get fed a lot by all of us here at Raintree. Today I wanted to get some pics of them and show you guys because they're so cute! There used to be 5 of them but now there's only 3 so I hurried and got some pics of them before they all leave. I love watching them, they swim in the water or they just waddle around the complex. Almost everyday the past couple weeks they greet me in the morning or when I come home. I think they've learned that if they follow me around I'll give them food =)


Here they are. There was another boy and girl but I don't know where they went.


They're waiting for me to feed them


I wanted to get a picture of them closer to me but everytime they get close to get the food they'd take the bread and then quickly waddle away before we could get the pic



The girl in this pic on the left would not eat out of my hand at all. She would think about it but was too scared. The boy would eat out of my hand but would stretch his neck as far as he could to stay as far away as possible and get the bread


This little girl, on the other hand, was not scared really at all. She would not only eat out of my hand but almost climb on my lap to get a piece of bread haha. She's my favorite =) I left to get more bread and to show my roommate Ashley and when I came back I just called to them and there they come waddeling to me of course with this little girl leading. I kept calling to them and they even crossed the water to get to the other side where I was. They'll do anything for food haha. They're so cute I'm going to be sad when they leave...

5 comments:

Johnson Family said...

They look ike good little friends!! That is cute that they will come so close.

The Brann's said...

They are so cute!! I think you should name them!!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

That's too cute! And you say you don't have many friends! =) jk I agree with brenda, you should name them. They are like you little babies now!

Brooke said...

That's great!!! Alaura loves your ducks too! She thought it was great looking at them!

Gwen said...

Have you named the ducks yet, they ar cut and seem really friendly. Are you sitll feeding them.