Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mommy for the weekend

Lyndsey (my little sister) is in 10th grade at Northridge High in Layton. For one of her classes they had the students bring an electronic baby home for the weekend. She picked a cute little spanish boy and named him Alexander. He cries, burps, sleeps, and his diaper has to be changed; so he's pretty much like a real baby. According to my mom he's been a pretty well tempered baby and doesn't cry constantly. Last I heard he slept 6 hours before waking Lyndsey up to be fed and then slept another 3 hours Friday night. I don't know how he did last night and hopefully he'll be good tonight. I heard him crying on the phone and he sounds just like a real baby. I think it's so cool! She's enjoying him and being a very good mommy. Tomorrow she will be giving him back to her school. Hopefully she gets a good grade. There's a recording in the doll that records everygthing that happened to him like how long he cried for and what not. Lyndsey would have to run in the shower as soon as he was taking a nap and had to hurry because if he cries longer than 3 minutes then she pretty much gets a bad grade (I don't even think real babies are that demanding haha). Luckily my mom was there to keep an eye on him while she jumped in the shower. Here are some pictures of Alexander that they sent me. I think he's so cute!

Here's Lyndsey feeding him with one hand and playing the piano with the other. Such a multi-tasker!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Those are cute pictures, those dolls are quite the machines, and should give an idea of life with a baby.

Johnson Family said...

He almost looks like a real baby. If I had to get to my little one before three minutes then somtimes I would have a really bad grade hahaha.

Brooke said...

I love the last picture!!! I'll have to try that with Sydney!!!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

That's so cute and funny! So she got a taste of what it's like to have a baby. Sometimes I feel like I can never take a shower. Having a baby is very time consuming but lot's of fun too. Hope she got a good grade.

The Brann's said...

WOW...looks like she'll make the perfect mother!!