Monday, March 30, 2009

I got my MISSION CALL!!!!!

Ok so I didn't mention that I have been planning on serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints but I am!!! I felt that I needed to go when I watch General Conference last October but it took a lot of convincing because it was scary and I was not planning on serving a mission because I have been focused on school. I prayed and prayed and finally started my paper work when I came home from BYU in January. It took a while to get my medical and dental work done but I finally got it all done and turned in my papers. I recieved my call in the mail on Wed. March 18, 2009 which was two weeks after they were sent in. I was so nervous and had to wait the whole day for everyone to get together so I could read it to my family. It was quite hectic and I appologize to everyone that was there in person or on the phone for that. So I tried to download the video but we couldn't figure it out yet so I'll have to post it later =)

IM SO EXCITED!!!

We wrote down where everyone guessed I'd go, but nobody guessed right haha



And here's the my mission call!!! =)


I'm going to the California San Jose Spanish Speaking Mission!!! I leave to the MTC on June 3rd so it's coming soon!

6 comments:

The Liddells said...

Oh my gosh! That is so awesome! Congratulations. I am jealous. I really would have liked to go on a mission. That's so cool that you are able to. Congrats again!

Gwen said...

Your mission call is so exciting. Thank you for letting us share in your wonderful day.

Johnson Family said...

Looks like you have been having lots of fun. The mission call is awesome!! Keep us posted

Jen said...

I'm impressed with all the posts! That's so exciting about your mission call. I actually knew before you posted cuz Krystal told me. That's so great! At least you won't have to worry too much about getting used to a knew type of lifestyle. (I mean it will be a new lifestyle but not as drastic as if you were going to a 3rd world country) I hope that makes sense. It looks like you've been having tons of fun.

Brooke said...

Yay you're coming back!!!! We'll get to visit you this way!!!

ls said...

JAMI!

Oh, I am so excited for you. Grandma called us last week to let us know about your mission call, and honestly, I feel so much happiness for you and for the people you will serve. What a sacred calling for you and what a beautiful, talented, sweet missionary you will be. When do you leave?

Good for you for going skydiving before you leave :). I went skydiving when I lived in Hawaii-- it is a good thing to do when you are young, single, and don't have any children depending on you :). But I didn't throw up. That's kinda gross, Jami :).