Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First week at BYU!

School started on Tuesday Sept. 2nd, so this is my second week. It's been really good. Last week was a little bit overwhelming but this week has been so much better. I kind of had a little break down this last weekend because I was stressed about money, needing to get a job, how stressful classes were going to be, and because I didn't really know anyone. So now that I'm not so down right now, I'll let you guys know a little about my classes, roommates, and apartment. First I live at Raintree apartments. They're really cute and a very social place. There's a cute (and green) little stream that flows through the apartment complex. Our apartment has 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms and 6 girls total. Other than the carpet, which is pretty old and sick, our apt is cute. I'm liking it more and more. My roommates names are Jen, Arial, Nichole, Cindy, and Ashley. Three of them are sophmores at BYU and the other 2 are Freshmans at UVU (I'm a Junior which makes me the mama of our apt ;) ) They are so sweet, I'm really happy with them. I'm still trying to get to know them, but it's not too hard, all of them are easy to get along with which is so nice.
Ok at BYU I'm majoring in School of Family Life, which I am absolutely loving. My teachers are so awesome I love all my classes. I started out with 17 credits which is a lot especially for your first year going to BYU. A lot of people told me that that was a lot and I should think about dropping a class. I started getting really nervous and didn't know what to do, if I should drop a class or not. I made the choice to drop my statistics class and I'm going to take that in the summer. I'm so glad I did because my other classes take a lot of time and studying so now I can take more time on those and manage getting a part time job. So school is really going great right now. It's a lot harder at BYU and pretty competitive but I'm really liking it a lot so far. I was probably most bummed because I think I was imagining it to be a lot more social and for there to be a whole bunch of cute guys all over.... well no such luck. Everyone is so busy and rushing to go to their class that they don't even think of meeting someone let alone making eye contact. It was just really different from what I'm used to but I'm getting used to it. All I can say is I'm definitely going to school to go to school, not to meet guys... I'm getting over that now haha. My ward is so great though and it'll be fun to get to know people there. It's very social so I'm excited for that. Well that's what's going on. Things are great and I'm going to try and post pictures as soon as I can. I still need to buy a charger for my camera so I'll work on that so I can take pictures of my roommates and apartment =)

4 comments:

The Brann's said...

Sounds a little hectic down there at BYU. Hopefully you'll start to enjoy it more and more overtime!!

Gwen said...

Sounds like you have been and will be really busy, but I'm sure you will enjoy your time there. We are looking forward to seeing you.

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

I wouldn't have guessed you were the "fist" one to go to a big university out of us girls when you can't even spell "first". =)
I'm just messing with ya.

Can't to hear more and see some pictures. miss ya and love ya.

Brooke said...

I still cant belive that you've only been gone a few weeks, it's been crazy here too. Time's flying for me. I'm glad that you dropped your class. When are you going to start looking for a job? I think that you'll start finding guys to date just give it a little while...and if not that's probably good if you want to finish your major ;)