Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rock climbing!

Tonight Karl took me rock climbing at some place here in Provo, I forgot the name of it. It was so fun. A little background about Karl... I met him at the singles ward this summer back home in Bakersfield, CA (or I guess my old home). He and some other guys were selling 'The Living Scriptures' DVDs. He asked me out to go real rock climbing up in the canyons but we ended up not going (that's a long and funny story haha) so he took me out to dinner and miniture golf instead. A few Fridays ago (the 12th) he took me to a cute cute italian restaurant and some guy walked around the tables singing and playing the accordion! it was like we were really in Italy ;) but really it was so cute and the food was yummy. After eating we went hiking to the Y. It was fun and wow am I out of shape! I was huffing and puffing the whole way up. But it was worth it once we got up there. The view was really pretty with all the lights and the Y is huge so you get to climb on it and just sit there. It's a pretty popular thing I guess because there were quite a few people there, it was fun. After, he took me to the Creamer and we had icecream
Here's a picture of the Y off in the distance that we hiked up to (obviously there's no snow on it now. I got this pic on line. I need to take a picture of it now because it's so pretty with the leaves turning colors for fall)


Ok here are some pictures of Karl and I rock climbing at that place. It was sooo fun! but man was I sore after. My poor hands were so limp and shaky! I know I'm going to be sore in the morning!

My first round! I think I did quite well =)

It was pretty high up Thumbs up!Tidu!


Karl


I grew to love that rope through the night ;)


I was very proud (and still am) that I tied my own knot... and I did it myself two more times after that =)

Rock Climbing is fuuun!


I was so tired by this point. I tried and tried to get up this wall but I sadly couldn't so I went to an easy wall so I could get up on my last round. I barely made it on the easy one haha



My life was in his hands... I'm glad to say that I am still alive... he did well ;)


7 comments:

Gwen said...

You are brave, I'm glad you had a good time rock climbing. the pictures were gret.

Gwen said...

So I can't spell, and I can't even blame the computer.

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

How fun!!! You lucky little girl. So the dating begins...=) Thatitalian restaurant sounds fun. Rock climbing is fun but a big work out. I did it on a real mountain and holy cow!!!

You look so cute! Keep having fun and lining up those dates! But don't break those poor boys hearts.

lalvey said...

What a brave, tough, independent and fragile little girl you are.

We love you

Johnson Family said...

I love the last comment! Must be your dad. Looks like you are loving life. Have fun and stay safe!!

Brooke said...

Ahhh...Carl :) I have fond (funny) memories of him too...lol. Looks like you guys had a good time! I think it's great that you went out with him...hope it was as fun for you as it is for me to think about it! haha So have you been in touch with any of the other living scripture guys? Love you

The Brann's said...

That looks like fun. My kids love to go rock climbing!!

BTW....why was there no mention of Carl the other night at dinner??