Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend with the fam

Last week I've been working on a paper for my Human Development class. It's a hard paper and I can't wait for it to be over. I also have 2 exams this coming weekend so I've been pretty busy and a little stressed. So finally the weekend came and although it wasn't very productive as far as school, it was so nice! I have been planning on coming up to Layton to see my family and go to, my friend, Tennille's wedding (I missed BYU's game =( but it was worth it). My family wasn't feeling well so I stayed at my grandma Twede's house Friday night just in case, because I can't take the chance of getting sick. It was like old times. We had dinner watched some movie on Hallmark and had rootbeer floats it was fun =) On Saturday I went to my families house and then a little before 6 I went to Tennilles wedding. I didn't know how to get there but the directions were pretty easy and it was less than 10 min. away so I didn't think it'd be hard.... I ended up driving around for 45 min until I finally found it! I called my dad a million times and thank goodness for him because I would have never gotten there. I missed the ceremony but got there in time for cutting the cake... that's really all that matters right? ;) I said hi to her and she is so happy which made me extatic for her. She thought she was never going to get married but she did. He's a non member and quite a bit older than her but seems really nice and she's happy. Maybe he'll join the church and they'll be able to get married in the temple I hope! After the wedding I went home and spent time with the fam. Today I went to the singles ward that I went to last year when I lived in Layton and got to see some friends. It was nice. After I got back we all went to Firnwood, which is just on the other side of the 89, for Family Home Evening. We walked up the trail and it was a lot of fun. Here are some pics =)

This is my mom and I before starting the hike



Caiden did not want to leave he wanted to keep going so dad had to pick him up. You can tell he's not very happy... poor boy. Lucky for him we ended up staying quite a bit longer



Here's Lyndsey, Caiden, Courtney, and I. The sun was shining right in our eyes. I was tryin so hard not to blink! ha

Studly Caiden




Cool Courtney


Gorgeous mom

Lyndsey and I. Oh and that's our dad bending over in the background... perfect timing to take the picture right? haha

Caiden loved throwing rocks down into the stream

Us kids again. It was really pretty. I can't wait to come back when the leaves turn more

Cute Lyndsey and Courtney

Us kids at the end of our hike. Caiden is crying he didn't want to take the picture. It was a lot of fun going on the little hike. We're going to go back and roast some hotdogs and smores =) it'll be fun!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Sounds like you had a great week end, it is always great to spend time with family.

The Brann's said...

I haven't been up there in a long time. When you go roast hotdogs and marshmellows, let us know, and maybe we'll join you!!

Brooke said...

How fun!!!! It's so pretty!!! I wish we were there!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

So fun! That's one thing I really like and miss about Utah is the beautiful mountains being so close. We miss you guys!