Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3/1/10

Happy new month! Hope everything is well for you! The weather here has been nice. We're still getting a lot of rain which I love. Everything is so green right now and the blossums are blooming, I really like it here. Spanish is going... ha. I still can't understand about 40% of what people say but I am learning a little more every day. we switch from spanish and english a lot because there's a lot of people from mexico here. so naturally we speak spanish a lot and of course there's still a lot of people who speak english because we are in America and all ha; so sometimes that's a challenge for me because I have to consentrate a lot with speaking and understanding spanish, so switching back and forth throws me off but it's helped me to be able to translate better so that good. The other day we knocked on a door and a white man answered. He spoke to me in spanish so I responded back in spanish but then the lady there spoke in english and so I switched to english thinking obviously the man knows english too so I'll just speak english. Then when he spoke he had no accent what so ever and I was thinking to myself why did he start speaking in spanish but I didn't care so I didn't think too much about it. After Hermana Guzman was like why did you respond to him in spanish, and I was like he spoke in spanish didn't he? Apparently I was hearing things because he spoke in english and I somehow thought he spoke spanish ha. We laughed about it. So I don't know if that's good or bad but I've done that a few times where I automatically respond to an english person in spanish ha. Anyway so that's how the spanish is going, I can't speak english or spanish now! ;-) Hermanita Guzman helps me a lot and she's getting me to eat spicy food, I heard if you eat mexican you speak mexican, I sure hope so!

So Mario, who I talked about last weeks, is doing awesome. You so can see the Lord's hand in his life. He's so happy now, at least when he's with us ;-), but really he's so much more happy now and tells us that he's being blessed for what he's doing. Aaaw! He came to a baptism this last Saturday and loved it. Us missionaries and some members were talking to him. (We hadn't comitted him to a specific date to be baptized but were going to as soon as we had our next appointment with him) So Maria, who was baptized with her daughter that night, asked Mario when he was going to be baptized. He grinned and said I don't know and looked at us, and so I comitted him right there for the 3 of Abril. He grinned and was like "ok" in his broken english and smiled. Befor the night was over I asked him if he was going to go to church the next day and he kind of got frustrated with me which he hasn't done in a while. He told me that he just doen't know if he can because he doen't want to stay with his daughter to support her. He said if God wants me to go then I will, in other words God would have to intervene. I prayed and prayed that he would come. Yesterday Mario ended up coming! He said that God wanted him to come, his daughter was ok with him being there. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see him happy and to see this complete transformation that he has gone through, it's amazing. He told me he's excited for his baptism and I can't wait either. Heavenly Father works miracles with those who are willing, is amazing =-) We're teaching quite a few others and hope that they will come around as they are a little at a time. Missions are awesome, very challenging but amazing. So things are going good. I love you all and have a happy St Pati's month, I don't know which day it is, I'm going to get pinched ha. Love you all!

Love,

Hermana Alvey =)

No comments: