Tuesday, March 9, 2010

1/11/10

Bueno mi familia y mis amigos!

Well the last two weeks have been going pretty good. I kind of have a brain block and I'm trying to think of everything that has been going on.... let's see, not this last week but the week before that things seemed so hopefully. We had a lot potential people to teach and it just was awesome, and I felt really good about everything. On the mission I feel pretty bi-polar ha but just after that week all those that seemed like they would progress in the gospel pretty much decided they didn't want to learn. Man I was so excited about everything and within days I faced dived into the ground. Ok, so I'm exaggerating a little but quite a few of those who we thought for sure would progress in the gospel no longer wanted to. In fact one of the men told me he felt like he was being pressured and to stop pressuring him. I absolutely took that personal and felt horrible. Some others just no longer want to learn and aren't around for their appointments and then their was a couple women we were teaching because the Elders told us to in the beginning even though they live in their area, because it was hard to get another priesthood holder to come with them to the appointments (a mission rule is that there has has to be 3 people, including you, of the same sex if you are teaching someone that is of the opposite sex) Then last week they told us that they were going to go ahead and teach them. That was a pretty big bummer to me, I mean as long as they're being taught it's ok but at first I wasn't kind of upset with them for doing that. Anyway so that's what happened, we lost a bit of the people we would be teaching. I was way bummed but bounced back and things are still looking up. I wasn't thinking man what am I doing wrong? I don't know how to be a good missionary and was thinking it was me fault that we weren't having a whole lot of success. So I prayed and prayed and I know that we're doing our best and so Heavenly Father will see us through, it's just not meant to be easy, woo hoo! ;-) Although still a little discouraging there's a lot of awesome things going on right now. So now that I've babbled on forever, I know I'm good at it ha, I'll tell you what eventful things have happened.

On January 2 Jeremy Villasenor was baptized. He has 8 years and we are teaching his parents. His brother Jr. who has 12 years, was baptized less than a year ago. Maria and Jose Luis, the parents of them, want to be baptized but Jose needs to get divorced first with his wife who lives in Mexico. There's a loooot of drama in their situation and so we're trying to help them and get Jose to talk to a lawyer in order to get the divorce. We commited them to be baptized March 13. Maria is so excited to be baptized but Jose wasn't so confident that all he be able to be divorced by then. I guess we shall see, we're trying to work with him a lot. He loves the church and says he believes it to be true but it needs to be a deeper testimony and he needs to really seek forgiveness for some things that he has or might have done in the past. Time will tell with them but we trying, thank goodness the Lord is on our side. So the baptizm of Jeremy went well and Jose Jr. gave a talk which was sooo awesome. He was way nervous and almost didn't give it but he did an awesome job. We also went to San Jose because 2 of my investigators Hermana Lowry and I were teaching were baptized Dec. 26. That was so awesome to attend and see them baptized, amazing.

I'm running out of time but we're teaching a few others that are really amazing but we're having a hard time getting them to church =-/ We're now teaching an adorable family, the family Gomez; Silvia; Beder; and Felecia. There's a few others that we might be teaching and they seem interested so hopefully they will progress =-) Next week I'll talk more about them because they each have their own story and we're starting to see lots of miracles and how the Lord is preparing each of them in different ways to accept the gospel. Hermana Guzman and I are helping a few members in the ward do what they need to in order to prepare to enter the temple. We're trying to find out who else has not gone through. We've been surprised how many have not and we're soooo excited to help them prepare, I hope their prepared for lots of blessings!Oh and also about how I got pulled over by a cop, yikes! Anyhoo, I love you guys! Please pray for us and those who the Lord is preparing. Hasta next week!

Love,

Hermana Alvey =-)

No comments: