Tuesday, March 9, 2010

1/25/10

Hellooooo =-) Hopefully my email doesn't get errased this time lol. So things are going good, not easy but good. I'm not even sure who I've told about and who I haven't... We're teaching Maria Martinez and Jose Luis Villasenor, the parents of Jeremy Villasenor who was baptized a few weeks ago. They have a looooot of drama going on with their relationship (that I won't talk about) and the past month Jose Luis hasn't even been going to church because he's been working. There's a member of the church who is a lawyer and so I called him to see if he could help Jose Luis get divorced from his wife who lives in Mexico so Maria and him can get married and then they can be baptized, which is a veeeeery common situation. Hermano Pogue, the lawyer, said he could help. So I told this to Jose and gave him the number and he told us he would call but he didn't. He gives us excuses, not lies but excuses of why he can't or didn't call. The real issue is like an iceberg. He's just giving us excuses or the tip of the iceberg but there's the whole iceberg under the water or the real problem/situation underneath the surface that he's not telling us. So we honestly don't know what to do only to pray that we know how to help Maria and especially him really receive a testimony of the gospel so they will change and have the desire to be baptized for the right reasons. It's just sad because they have two young kids who have already been baptized and I know that if their parents aren't baptized and active then they will also fall away. I've never seen young kids be baptized when their parents haven't been and I just hope that Maria and Jose can really really receive a testimony of the gospel for their kids also.

We are teaching a few others. I said before that each of them were being prepared in their individual ways and I thought they would progress in the gospel but in the last couple weeks a lot has happened and I don't know if they will anymore. One of them who we were teaching, la familia Gomez, totally dropped us because Salvador, the husband, is a strong catholic and doesn't want to change. That was suuuuch a bummer because they're going through a tough time with the health of their little girl and if only they knew that no matter what may happen they can have the comfort of knowing that through the gospel of Jesus Christ they could return with Heavenly Father again with their family forever but they told us they don't want to learn anymore so we have to respect that. I just wish everyone understood what the gospel can do for them and their families.

I have more that I wanted to say, as usual I have a lot to say =-), but I keep running out of time. Next week I'll try to make sure I get the email typed before the time runs out (the computers here are timed). Anyway I'll just say that last night we had a lesson with Jeanette Fernandez who is now starting to investigate the church but we committed her to be baptized the 3 of April and she accepted it and is so excited to learn and everything. It all went so well I'm nervous to get excited. I'll definitely talk more about her next week, I just hope it's still happy news!

Anywho, I love you guys and hope all is well. I'm doing so so so good. I feel incredibly blessed to be here serving a mission for the Lord, incredibly blessed. It definitely isn't easy but it seems that in difficult times we draw closer to God and our Savior Jesus Christ and learn the most. I know that this is the true gospel and I hope all will take the opportunity to know for yourselves if you don't know. It's not easy to follow the gospel but so worth it. Who says salvation is easy. I love you guys again. Hast luego!

Love,

Hermana Alvey =-)

No comments: