Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2/1/10

Hello! It's already February, I can't beleive it! I've been out for almost 8 months, time flies by. I kind of lose track of what I've already written about.... lets see. We're still teaching la familia Villasenor but Jose still hasn't called a lawyer to start the divorce. We are trying to work help them receive testimonies. I love them but sometimes I'm totally at loss of what to do but I honestly think they're progressing, just bien despasio, slowly. We taught them yesterday and Maria said kind of under her breath that if he doesn't call she'll call and tell them everything they need to know in order to start the divorce. She said I want to be baptized before I die because I want to be baptized for my parents. How sad! So yeah they'll get baptized it just may be later than sooner.

Ya know Jeanette Fernandez who we gave a baptismal date too and she was so excited to learn and to prepare to be baptized? I talked a little about her last week. Well we can't get a hold of her. She hasn't answered our calls and we haven't been able to find her at home this last week. I hope she's just been busy and she's not hiding from us. If she doesn't want to learn now, she will later and at least we planted a seed for her in the future.

We're teaching another couple who live in Santa Cruz, Graciela y Manuel. Manuel is a member of the church, who for a while was not active but now is, and Graciela is his fiance who is investigating the gospel. They go to an english ward there in Santa Cruz which is great but they don't understand about 70% of what is being said because they speak spanish. We tried to get them to go to the spanish branch in Watsonville but Manuel explained to us that even though he can't understand a lot they want to learn english and he likes the people in that ward, they're very nice and welcoming. I figure if he likes it better there then it's fine but I wonder if it's going to keep them from progessing as much as they could because of the understanding, I don't know they'll probably be fine there but need to learn more english =-) So we comitted Graciela to be baptized the 13 of March which is almost exactly a month after they will be getting married so they were pretty excited about that.

We found two new people to teach, Eva and Veronica. It was a coincedance that we met both of them. Heavenly Father absolutely lead us to them. Eva talked to lds missionaries 50 years ago. She shared with us her story of how she came to know Christ and after was wishing us luck and saying bye to us but I was not about to leave without leaving un Libro de Mormon and so I bore my testimony and gave it to her and that's when she realized we were LDS missionaries and she was all of the sudden so happy to have us in her house. She told us how she had read the whole Book of Mormon and loved it but couldn't find the one those missionaries gave her. We gave her the one we had and set up a day to come back and she was so happy about it, how cool! With Veronica she has been sooooo confused with all the churches and wanted to know which one was true but didn't know how to know, so she just gave up all together with searching. Even though she had heard nother about the gospel she was so thirsty to know more. We have an appointment with her tonight. I don't know of the outcome for them but I'm gratefull we were lead to them and able to plant a seed if anything. It seems we're doing a lot of that here which is hard sometimes not to become discouraged because you see no results which can seem to you like youre not doing much good but I know we meet these people for a reason and we may not ever know why but Heavenly Father knows =-)

I love the mission and I could go on and on about all those we are teaching but I won't ha. Thanks mom for your repremanding... I always need it =-) And I totally think your right, actually I know your right that the Lord is trying to teach me so I take it and I hope I grow from it, thanks again mommykins! Well I love you all hasta luego!

Love,

Hermana Alvey

No comments: