Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/2009

This past week has been really good. We went to the temple trip and it was great. We ended up only having one investigator go, Silvia Rodriguez. It just ended up being better that we plan another day to go to the temple with Eva and her girls and everyone else who was going to go originally ended up not being able to go. We were bummed but it ended up being the best and a really great experience. We're planning another temple trip for Eva, Militza, and other investigators of ours. So, Silvia is a referral from some Elders. We have only taught once, about a week and a half ago or so. She was interested already but going to the temple really made her want to learn more. Silvia is extremely out-going which was great because she just went up to everyone and introduced herself and kept conversations going. When we arrived to the temple first we listened to the Christus and then we went to watch the Joseph Smith movie. It was awesome because this is my second time watching the Joseph Smith movie in spanish and opposed to the first time watching it, this time I understood just about everything, not because I'm familiar with the movie in english but because I actually understood the spanish. That made me soo happy =-) So back to Silvia, during the movie she cried and afterward asked if there was anyway she could buy it which we had to tell her no but when it does come out I bet she'll be very happy and by then I'm sure she'll be a member. So, after watching the movie we walked around the visitors center and looked at the pictures, listened to the testimony of President Monson, looked at all the Book of Mormons in different languages, and whatnot. We then went out side and walked around the outside of the Oakland Temple. It was such a beautiful day and so peaceful feeling. She kept saying over and over how beautiful it was and how peaceful it felt. After walking around a little we sat down. Hermana Lowry was talking to some members and so I was left alone with Silvia. She started asking questions about how you can enter the temple and how you can be worthy. At first I was nervous because Hermana Lowry wasn't there just in case I didn't understand but I was able to understand her and answer her questions alone. I was soo grateful for that and Heavenly Father definitely helped me out. I lack a lot in my spanish but I am learning it and I'm so grateful for that miracle. So it was absolutely wonderful at the temple. On our ride home Silvia was asking a lot of questions and saying how she really wanted to learn more and wanted to start reading The Book of Mormon. I was so excited! So yesterday, Sunday, one of the wonderful recent converts that we teach picked up some our investigators and took them to church. We drove to their houses and he just followed us. We stopped by the house of Jose Gonzalez (who we met at the laundry mat and he read a lot of The Book of Mormon), then we went to the house of Maria Concepcion Molina where we picked up her and her daughter Maria Elena, then we went to the house of Silvia. That car was full of people and her we are in our car with plenty of room and our precious little bags enjoying the whole back seat haha. We felt bad but it's missionary rules, we can't pick anyone up. So we all got to church to find Roberto Reza there, another one of our investigators, and also Maira Bravo. Church was great and our investigators all enjoyed it. It's funny how things can go so bad and then turn so good and visa versa, so were not letting our guard down because you never know what might happen. They're really doing good though. Maira always keeps the commitments we give her and now Silvia and Jose are doing the same. We still need to work on Roberto with his Book of Mormon studies but he's on his way. So those are our investigators who are progressing. Yesterday we taught Jose Gonzalez and his friend, Jose Abila (you have no idea how many Joses we have met lol). Jose Abila wants to learn more, go to church and already has a Book of Mormon from previous missionaries. So, that was way cool and I hope that we are able to help him. We're still teaching karina and Eva and a few others but we have a lot of work with them. So things are moving forward and ward members are giving a lot of referrals which is absolutely wonderful. I'm loving the mission despite hard times I'm so grateful to be here, it's wonderful. My mom told me that she can't keep track of our investigators; I don't blame her or any of you because it seems like it's always changing who we teach lol. Anyway that's what is going on here. I hope you all are doing well, I love you lots!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Alvey

No comments: