Monday, November 16, 2009

10/5/2009

Hey everyone!!!! How are you all doing?? Well I hope =-) I'll start out witha very tramatic experience that happened last Wed... well not exactly thatbad but oh it was so scary and funny. Ok so my companion and I found a BigFat Scary and Hairy Spider in our apartment on the ceiling. It was so nasty!Anyway, we had to plan with this scary spider about us. We were so nervousto take our eyes off of it! Finally when we were done planning we decidedthat we would get rid of it. I didn't want to kill it, because although Idon't like them I just think it's sad to kill them. I just wanted to catchit and put it outside. So with that in mind; I grabbed a cup, pulled up achair, and Hermana Lowry pulled up a chair too meerly for support becauseshe did nothing but watch me try to catch the scary spider. So with my heartpounded, I put the cup over the big fat spider and then used a Liahona toslide it beneath the cup. The next thing I knew was that the nasty spiderslid under the crack between the cup and the ceiling and I sat it and jumpeddown so fast screaming (Hermana Lowry was also screaming) and ran down thehall when I looked down and just happended to see the spider squishedbeneath me toot! I screamed EEEEEEWWWWW I squished it and as fast as I saidthat I pulled off my knee highs and jumped in the bathtup to wash my footoff. You may be asking, "how did the spider get all the way from thelivingroom ceiling, down the hall, and under your foot?" Well let me tellyou, because as Hermana Lowry was watching she observed everything that happened which I had no idea. So as soon as I started jumping off the chair,my scream must have startled the spider so little did I know it startedcoming down from the ceiling on its web and then I wacked the web with the cup that was in my hand and so the poor little spider went flying. Hermana Lowry starting screaming and taking off peaces of clothing because she thought I had wacked it onto her but no. What happened is the web was stuck to me and so the spider was flying after me when it just happened to land under my foot. Despite all of our efforts to save the spider... I squished it.

After the whole ordeal happened we looked down the hall to see my knee highs thrown in the hall, down a little ways there's a cup, not far from the cup is the Liahona, and next to the Liahona is two chairs facing each other and in the middle of all of that you can see the squished spider. Although we felt bad, we laughed and laughed and laughed and took some pictures because it just looks funny. Anyway just thought you'd like to hear how Sister Missionaries deal with finding a big yucky spider in their apartment all alone ha.

Well other than that this week has been good but not too much has happened. We're looking for new investigators because most of those we are teaching right now aren't really progressing. Maria Concepcion, Militza, and Rene are doing great. It's crazy because now that Maria has been baptized and confirmed she is the happiest little old lady; oh she is so adorable. Militza's testimony continues to grow and she is always looking for ways to be better. How was Conference for those of you who watched/listened to it? I was so excited to watch and got the opportunity to watch just about all of it in ingles that way I could actually understand it. OOOOH how I love Conferencia!!!!

Militza and Maria came to the first session on Sunday but that was it but they both really enjoyed it although little Maria didn'tunderstand all of it. One of our investigators came with 3 of his small children. Oh my goodness I can't even tell you how nervous I was the whole time. Wondering what he was thinking, if he liked it, if he understood any of it, and so on. He didn't talk about it much to us but said he thought it was good. Luckly la familia Blancarte, who are members in our ward, totally took care of him answering questions and just talking about life and getting to know each other; it was great. We have our next appointment with him and his wife this Wed. Last week we commited them both to baptism for Oct. 25. They both agreed and they read from the Book of Mormon and really understand it. They're such a great family. The only problem is he smokes and drinks and his wife works Sundays, so we have a lot to work with but I know that if they are ready they'll make sacrafices. We'll see what happens, but I really think they'll be baptized I just don't know when.

Other than that not too much is going on. We have such much work to do with finding others but I know that the Lord will lead us to those who are ready. I don't have any other news to right about but maybe next week! I love you all and hope all is well!!!!!!! I'd love do hear from you! =-)

Love,
Hermana Alvey

No comments: